- Location: Macarthur Square NSW
- Category: Sport
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Governance, Boards, & Committees
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Skilled Volunteers
Minimum 2 years Approximately 2 hours per week and attendance at Club meetings. Must be available evenings and weekends.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Special Olympics is a global inclusion movement using sport, health, education and leadership programs every day around the world to end discrimination against and empower people with intellectual disabilities.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual with business or leadership experience and a track record in developing strong relationships to take on a Club Leadership role as Vice Chair.
The role of the Vice Chair will be to provide a supporting role as part of the Club Leadership Team to ensure the operational objectives are met and that members are contributing effectively in their roles. The Vice Chair will also be the primary communications coordinator for the Club.
The ideal candidate will be someone that can work collaboratively with the Chair and have the ability as required from time to time to stand in as Chair and fulfil the duties as required.
• Minimum of 3 years relevant business or leadership experience
• Previous experience as a Chair or Vice Chair in a comparable organisation
• Previous experience with a not for profit or disability organisation
Competencies / Skills required:
• Strong networking, negotiation, organisation, and presentation skills
• Excellent organisation and communication skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Demonstrated planning skills
Minimum 2 years
Approximately 2 hours per week and attendance at Club meetings.
Must be available evenings and weekends.
Macarthur, NSW 2560
Special Olympics Australia is a child safe organization and conducts relevant checks as part of a volunteer screening.