- Location: Toowoomba QLD
- Category: Migrant Services
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Education & Training
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience & Internships
A few days
Induction training relating to policy and procedures, workplace health and safety and MDA administrative systems will be provided to successful candidates on appointment.
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are seeking an enthusiastic volunteer to join the MDA Toowoomba team to assist with culturally appropriate settlement support to newly arrived refugees.
1. Assisting the operations team to coordinate various arrival logistics (e.g. booking Bi-Cultural workers for language support, arranging basic household good packages and culturally appropriate food for families, preparing information folders and completing database/systems orientated tasks);
2. Various case management support (e.g. booking GP appointment’s for clients, supporting families to attend medical appointments, linking clients into community events and activities and assisting with employment related tasks);
3. Reception/administration support (welcoming new arrivals into the office and assisting the MDA Reception and Administration coordinator in directing enquiries, answering phones and completing ad-hoc office tasks.
1. Detail orientated with the ability to coordinate various logistics in a fast- paced environment
2. Ability to work in a culturally sensitive manner with highly vulnerable clients
3. Ability to work alongside a dynamic team across multiple programs
4. Queensland Drivers licence
5. Ability to obtain a Blue Card
Desirable Skills and/or Experience
1. Previous experience working with people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds
2. Qualifications in, or currently working towards a qualification in the human services field (or similar)
3. Interest in pursuing a career in the multicultural space
Email Linny Thornely with a short brief expressing your interest in the role and how you meet the key selection criteria.
All applications must be sent to Linny by Monday 9th July 2018
Interviews will be held with successful candidates followed by mandatory volunteer training.
If you would like to speak to someone about the volunteer position please contact: Linny Thornely on 0421943137.