- Location: Sydney NSW
- Category: Human Rights
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
A few hours
ActionAid Australia is a women’s rights organisation, working in 45 countries to achieve social justice, gender equality and poverty eradication. We use a human rights based approach that recognises the capacity of people living in poverty and exclusion to lead change and drive alternatives. Our strategic priorities are women’s economic and climate justice, and their rights in emergencies.
About this position:
Events Coordinators sit within ActionAid’s local action groups which campaign locally for women’s right globally. Events Coordinators support our local groups to run events in the local community such as film screenings, market stalls, and discussion groups, and are connected to a national activist network of over 15 local groups across Australia.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Attending regular monthly meetings with the local ActionAid group.
- Leading in the planning, coordination and execution of events and campaign activities.
- Mapping out outreach opportunities in your local community to attract new volunteers.
- Brainstorming creative events with your local group that promote our campaigns.
- Using social media platforms to promote events.
- Running phone banks to invite people to events and campaign actions.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2-4 hours a week to dedicate to this role.
- Strong organisational and events management skills.
- A demonstrated commitment and passion for women’s rights.
- A commitment to ActionAid’s values.
- Computer literacy and ability to use phone and email systems.
- Respect for ActionAid’s independence and an ability to work within this ethos.
- Passion for social justice and the role that everyday people can play to achieve a fairer and more equitable world.
What we will provide:
- The chance to connect with ActionAid supporters and staff in Australia.
- Connection with an international movement of supporters who believe in women’s rights and social justice.
- Ongoing trainings and skills shares in community organising and campaigning.
- The chance to contribute to the development of the community organising strategy for ActionAid Australia.
ActionAid is an equal opportunities organisation, and we know that our activist network’s diversity makes it strong. We are always actively looking for volunteer applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, sexual orientation and experiences to apply.