- Location: Cammeray NSW
- Category: Education & Training
Type of work
- Education & Training
Regular - more than 6 months
Hours are approximately 2 hours per week (including preparation). Lessons are held on Thursday mornings.
Full training provided including online modules and a 2 day face to face workshop. Ongoing support is provided.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents only.
Volunteers will be asked to complete a criminal history check and working with children check as part of our recruitment process.
Classrooms maybe wheelchair accessible. Please check with the school.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from those living in the area who are interested in teaching ethics classes at Cammeray Public School. The classes teach children how to approach ethical issues and develop their capacity for considered moral judgement, which will enable them to respond more thoughtfully to many of the problems and issues they will face in their lives. Volunteer Ethics Teachers are trained to deliver our age-appropriate curriculum every week and to use the accompanying learning and teaching materials.
No formal teaching credentials or experience is necessary however the best candidate will be someone who;
- Likes working with children and encouraging them to think,
- Has strong communication skills,
- Is available during school terms to teach in the classroom for approximately half an hour per week,
- Can commit to volunteer for at least 12 months on a weekly basis to provide continuity.