- Location: Campbelltown NSW
- Category: Environment & Conservation
Type of work
- Garden Maintenance
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
A few hours
2 hours per week
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
ROAR (Residents of Ambarvale Rosemeadow) Community Centre is based in the heart of Ambarvale. The Community Centre host a range of community activity options as well as being supported by the Yummy Café. We are situated closed by to 3 local public primary schools as well as 2 high schools.
We have garden beds that range from ground level to standing garden beds.
The key responsibilities of the gardener include:
- Trimming or Pruning
- Seed raising and transplanting
- Other general gardening duties
- Managing a composting system – turning food waste into compost for the community garden
- Team orientated, committed and reliable.
- Follow the directions of the Gardening Program’s team leader
- Have or willingness to obtain Working With Children’s Check and Police Check.
- Able to role model positive behaviour.
- Tolerance and openness to different world views and sensitivity to other cultures and languages.
- Ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality and act in a manner that is consistent with YWCA NSW policies and procedures.