- Location: Guildford WA
- Category: Human Rights
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards, & Committees
- People with disability
- Wheelchair Access
Regular - more than 6 months
Monthly dinner meeting 2-3 hours at the MALLARD DUCK RESTAURANT - 10 John Street Henley Brook. Other time is variable depending on the event and the role in the Club. Meetings held on 3rd Wednesday of EACH MONTH and then other dates as planned by the Club.
New members are supported by other members in what to do at fundraisers, meeting and so on.
- Driver's Licence (C)
Membership with the Zonta Club of Swan Hills is by invitation of the existing Club members. People interested in joining the Club are asked to attend 3 dinner meetings to meet members to find out more about Zonta, to ensure their expectations align with the Club’s vision.
As a member you will:
- Participate in Club dinner meetings held monthly, currently $38 for a delicious 2 course meal and pay annual dues ($155);
- Join other members to plan and deliver fundraising events (sausage sizzles, quiz nights, fashion parades etc). Devolution of funds raised are decided annually by a Club vote;
- Attend informal breast cushion workshops to stuff and sew breast cushions (held at member’s homes 2 monthly, members bring a plate of food to share for lunch). They are a lot of fun!
- Have the opportunity to enjoy the friendship of other Club members.