- Location: Geelong VIC
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Food Preparation & Service
- Groups of 10 or more
- People Learning English
Evenings 6pm to 12am or 12am to 8am. During extreme weather conditions during the winter months.
Orientation and inhouse instructions
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Ability to maintain appropriate client engagement, respecting the client rights to privacy and confidentiality. Ability to communicate with a diverse range of people with high levels of stress.
On call at short notice.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
During extreme weather conditions during the winter months, we are seeking volunteers to supervise and provide a safe and secure emergency overnight sleepover accommodation for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Working collaboratively with and develop positive relationships with clients, staff and other volunteers. Help with meal preparation, clean up, and generally engage in a courteous and respectful manner and establish a friendly rapport with clients.