- Location: Hobart TAS
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Food Preparation & Service
- People Learning English
Regular - more than 6 months
Service is required between 11am and 2:30pm weekdays, but days are negotiable.
- Working with Children Check *
The volunteer must have good interpersonal skills and empathy with people from marginalised backgrounds. A good work ethic and commitment is needed, as we cannot deliver this service without our volunteers.
Working with Vulnerable People card is required; if you don't currently have one, we may be able to arrange this for you.
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the level of coverage for volunteers due to various restrictions to ensure they are covered for the roles they will be undertaking.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Nobucks provides free midday meals to those in the community in need of good food and good company. The volunteer role will involve:
- General setting up/packing up duties;
- Kitchen hand work, including washing up dishes;
- Having a chat to the clients;
- Further details on request.