- Location: Sydney NSW
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Type of work
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
- Translating & Interpreting
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
One off - a few hours
On the job training
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Our Macedonian speaking Seniors group require volunteers for social support on Monday mornings/afternoons. The group meets in South-West Sydney, around half an hour from the Sydney CBD. Our group loves music, bingo, having a good chat and socialising!
You will be hanging out in the community, going on bus trips and supporting the social inclusion of Elders in our community. You will be spending time with older people who are socially isolated and happy to share their time with you.
Tasks may include socialising with Macedonian Elders, lending a hand in the kitchen, coming up with new ideas with the group and participating in group dancing, discussions, games and puzzles.
If you do not speak a community language, please still get in touch! There are many ways to can get involved, so feel free to call and see how you can volunteer with us.
- National Police Check Required
- Ability to be collaborative