- Location: Hilton SA
- Category: Disability Services
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
Regular - more than 6 months
Days and Times are flexible
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
A national police check are needed - DCSI clearances preferred. Police check application can be completed during the induction and training process and is free to volunteers.
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Establish and maintain a relationship or companionship with the individual living with Motor Neurone Disease.
- Visiting a client/s either in their home, care facility or hospital on a fortnightly basis for approximately one hour per visit. This Program offers a lot of flexibility as volunteers can visit any day of the week and at a time that suits them (and the MND SA client/s).
- Keep a record of the dates and times of each visit on a time sheet, and provide the details to the applicable MND SA representative as required.
- Liaising with the MND advisors and providing information and feedback about the client’s wellbeing after each visit.
- Share common interests
- Engage in social activities.
- Respecting the rights, privacy and confidentiality of the client/s.
- Always Exercise a duty of care and inform MND advisors in a timely manner should any accident or incident occur while visiting.
- No Manual Handling activities permitted, eg lifting, toileting, showering, feeding etc. Social interactions only.