- Location: Glebe NSW
- Category: Education & Training
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Music & Entertainment
- Work Experience
One off - an event
A minimum of 6 hours per week with a minimum commitment of 2 months requested (October/November). One day per week or can be split across two days. (Monday, Tuesday or Thursday preferred) Tranby is committed to Volunteering Australia’s National Standards for Involving Volunteers. Hence the engagement of ongoing volunteers is generally restricted to a maximum of 16 hours per week.
You will be provided with a thorough induction and orientation to their workplace and to Tranby including a detailed Workplace, Health & Safety briefing. Comprehensive, role specific training will be provided along with regular supervision and coaching.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
*Understanding of culturally and linguistically diverse communities
*Ability to actively support Tranby’s purpose and values
*Ability to work in accordance with Tranby policies and procedures
*Must be dependable and punctual
*Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public & students
*Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
*Respect and maintain confidentiality of Tranby volunteers, students, and staff
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
* Plan, design and produce events while co-ordinating all project delivery elements within time and budget limits
* Conduct research, gather information/ quotes and negotiate contracts and seek approval prior to booking
* Organise facilities and co-ordinate all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, advertising etc.
*Co-ordinate event activities
* Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems prior to and on the event day.