- Location: Nowra NSW
- Category: Young People
Type of work
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Music & Entertainment
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Tutoring & Coaching
Regular - less than 6 months
Approx. 2-3 hours per week over a 5 month period, during school hours
Training provided by YWCA NSW
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN A YOUNG PERSON'S LIFE!
Volunteering with Youth Frontiers is a great opportunity to make a difference in the life of a young person! Meet other like-minded adults, learn new skills, and contribute to your local community – all while having lots of fun!
WHAT IS YOUTH FRONTIERS?
Youth Frontiers is a NSW Government Youth Mentoring Program that targets students between 12 -16yrs, who have the capacity to benefit from youth mentoring that focuses on leadership and civic engagement. Every year, more than 1,200 young people will have the opportunity to participate in the program delivered across NSW and develop valuable life skills.
We are seeking volunteer mentors to support young people in,
- Batemans Bay
WHAT WOULD I DO AS A YOUTH MENTOR?
Mentors will be matched with an individual student who will take part in a minimum of 30 hours mentoring, including at least 15 hours of one-on-one mentoring during school hours. The program will give mentees an opportunity to build life skills and self-confidence by working collaboratively with their mentors to undertake a community project that makes a positive difference in their local community.
The program will culminate in a showcase where mentees will present the results of their community projects.
HOW DO I APPLY?
• Register your expression of interest by emailing the email address below
• A Youth Frontiers Coordinator will get in touch, conduct a short phone interview and send you an application form
• You will be required to complete a Working with Children Check and National Criminal Check (free) and attend training with other volunteer mentors
• Mentors do not require previous experience – just the desire to want to support young people to reach their potential, and an ability to commit to volunteering l day each week, over a 10 week period