- Location: Adelaide SA
- Category: Recreation
Type of work
- Driving & Transportation
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Trades & Maintenance
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
One off - an event
2019 Outback Odyssey, Adelaide to Blinman (Flinders Ranges): consecutive days 3 to 19 May 2019.
Pre-event and/or on site
- Driver's Licence (C)
- Driver's Licence (LR)
- Driver's Licence (MR)
- National Police Certificate *
- Heavy vehicle licence essential
- Able to work under some degree of pressure.
- Mechanical experience desirable
- Map reading experience/good navigation skills.
- First Aid Certificate, knowledge of manual handling techniques a great asset.
Please note: As each organisation provides levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are seeking volunteers to work with our logistics manager during our 2019 Outback Odyssey, 4 - 19 May 2019 inclusive. The logistics truck carries all the dry goods for the event and the requirements for each day would need to be unloaded and reloaded the next morning and driven on to the next venue. If you are well organised and prepared to work with the team leader, who too, is highly organised and works until the work is completed for the day. The truck will be ready to move o to the next destination by 9:00 am each day. There will be two rest days when you will have the days to yourself to explore the township.