- Location: Across: Kurunjang VIC, Brookfield VIC
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Translating & Interpreting
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
Regular - more than 6 months
minimum of one hour per fortnight
on going training opportunities
• A genuine empathy and understanding of older people, people with disabilities and/or people of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
• Communication and listening skills
• Ability to work independently
AMCS is currently seeking to recruit a volunteer to assist with the Multicultural Visiting Program.
The program enables socially isolated elderly from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to receive a regular visit from a volunteer visitor. Our volunteers are matched with an elderly person based on region, interests and language to provide free fortnightly visits for the purpose of companionship and friendship.
Volunteers report to the Coordinator of Volunteer Programs, receive on-going training opportunities and volunteer functions.
Volunteers are required to make a commitment of at least 6 months, to visit their client for at least one hour per fortnight, undergo a police check and regularly report to the Coordinator of Volunteer Programs.
AMCS operates this programs in the Northern, Southern and Western Metro as well as Barwon- South Western regions of Victoria. The program is part of a Community Visitors Scheme, an Australian Government Initiative.