- Location: Geelong VIC
- Category: Young People
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
- Skilled Volunteers
Regular - more than 6 months
9am-5pm, three days a week (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday). However, we are open to discussions.
While experience in bike mechanics is essential, further training is available.
- Heavy Lifting
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Good Cycles will reimburse reasonable expenses e.g. tea, coffee.
Good Cycles is a social enterprise using bikes to create better futures. We run retail bicycle stores and provide bike services. All profits go back into our social programs which help young people find jobs. We work with those who are long-term unemployed or come from disadvantage to help them build new skills, confidence and a pathway to employment. In 2018, we have supported 21 young people into employment, and refurbished and donated over 400 bikes.
Good Cycles is opening a community bike store in Centrepoint Arcade, Geelong. The shop will sell second-hand bikes, cycling accessories and provide bike servicing and repairs. We are opening in mid-December and will be running a number of promotional events in the New Year.
We need an enthusiastic, experienced volunteer to help run the store. Key responsibilities include:
- Servicing and repairs of customer’s bikes
- Handling customer sales and queries
- Support delivering events and training
- Booking servicing appointments
Key experience and skills:
- Experience in bike mechanics is essential. As a seller of second-hand bikes we need someone able to service and repair all types of bikes
- Maintaining a clean and tidy workshop
- Customer-service, including dealing with bicycle related queries and sales
- People skills
The store will be open three days a week and there will be supervision from Good Cycles staff.