- Location: Across: Victoria VIC, Bendigo VIC
- Category: Disaster Relief
Type of work
- Working with Animals
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Groups of 10 or more
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Regular - more than 6 months
Time requirements may vary depending on situation
Possible training to be provided may include: Animal First Aid Emergency Shelters Animal Behaviours Other Skills as Required
- Driver's Licence (C)
- Heavy Lifting
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are looking for volunteers who are dedicated and reliable and must be able to commit to to be able to respond to emergencies and disasters as requested during any time of day or night.
You would need to be reasonably fit as the work is quite physically demanding, however it is very rewarding and you get to interact with the many animals in a disaster setting.
Some animal Training or handling experience would be essential but not a main priority as training will be provided if you wish to continue and develop your skills further.
You will also need to be able to work under pressure and as part of a team as most tasks will be required to be performed by at least teams of two at a time.
The Tasks you will be required to do are as follows (but may change due to situation and required level of support)
- You will assist in preparing homes via support and education based around animals and setting up safe areas
- You will be required to work with Trailers (supplied and equipped) with Appropriate Tools and equipment to set up Temporary Short Term Animal Emergency Relief Shelters
- you will be working along side emergency services agencies and state, federal and local governments to collect and deliver Animal Disaster Relief in the way of food and water and other items required to care and support animals after a disaster.
- you may also be required to offer support to members of the community who have animals by relocating them to appropriate first aid or veterinary services
- You may be required to work in a warehouse or storage environment loading and unloading animal feed and items.
If you think this sounds like you then please apply today