- Location: Across: Lismore NSW, Tamworth NSW, Gosford NSW, Newcastle NSW, Nowra NSW, Batemans Bay NSW, Wollongong NSW
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Music & Entertainment
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Tutoring & Coaching
Regular - more than 6 months
Approx. 1-2 hours per week over a 6 month period, during school hours
Training provided by YWCA Australia
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN A YOUNG PERSON'S LIFE! Volunteering with YWCA as a Youth Frontiers mentor is a great opportunity to make a difference in the life of a young person! Meet other like-minded adults, learn new skills, and contribute to your local community – all while having fun!
WHAT IS YOUTH FRONTIERS? Youth Frontiers is a NSW Government Youth Mentoring Program for 12-16 year old children, focusing on positive relationship development, leadership and community engagement. Every year, more than 1,200 young people across NSW have the opportunity to develop self-confidence and valuable life skills through the program. We are seeking volunteer mentors to support young people in,
- Northern Rivers NSW
- New England NSW
- Central Coast NSW
- Hunter NSW
- South Coast NSW
WHAT WOULD I DO AS A YOUTH MENTOR? Mentors will be matched with students and together they will take part in a minimum of 35 hours mentoring, including at least 10 hours of one-on-one mentoring during school hours. Working collaboratively with their mentors, students will undertake a community activity that makes a positive difference in their local community.The program will culminate in a showcase where students will present the results of their community pursuit.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- View the Role Description and obtain a Volunteer Application Form from the 'YWCA Rewarding Careers' web page.
Further information is available via the email contact below.
- You will be required to complete a Working with Children Check and National Criminal Check (free) and attend training with other volunteer mentors.
- Mentors do not require previous experience – just the desire to support young people to reach their potential, and an ability to commit to volunteering 1-2 hrs each week, over a 6 month period in 2019.