- Location: Across: Melbourne VIC, Brisbane City QLD
- Category: Young People
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Events
- Writing & Editing
Regular - more than 6 months
Average of 5 hours per week, but up to 15 hours per week, inclusive of Committee Meetings
YOUTH WITHOUT BORDERS - National Executive Committee Position
Position Title: Partnerships Executive
Location: Brisbane/ Melbourne
Reports to: Youth Without Borders General Manager
Salary Range: Volunteer Role
Hours: Part-Time, average of
5 hours per week but up to 15 hours per week, inclusive of management committee meetings.
Term: 6 months, with the possibility to extend
To ensure the smooth functioning of Youth Without Borders financial systems and books via efficient and up-to-date organisationandadministration of key documents. This requires developing and close working partnerships with the General Manager (GM), current projects and program managers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Liaising with the different YWB projects to collate information to prepare the annual budget which will then be submitted to the board for approval
- Financial transaction oversight
- developing systems for keeping cash flow manageable
- overseeing permissions with regards to who has access to the organization’s funds
- knowledgeable about any outstanding bills or debts owed, as well as approving payments and reimbursements
- Record maintenance, book keepingand reconciliation throughout the year
- Responsible for preparation of end of financial year auditing
- Provide Quarterly financial reports to the Board of Directors which will keep the board regularly informed of key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health
- Prepare an end of year treasurer’s report· Reviewing the financial policy yearly in partnership with the Procedures and Policies Executive
- Monitor, track and report any other activities relevant to the role – not specifically specified above
- Active participation in management committee meetings and professional development relevant to the role.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Result Areas
- Further Development of YWB financial systems and processes focusing on budget preparation and approval and projects oversight
- Ensure that Boardhas adequate oversight of the solvency of the organisation
- On time submission of Youth Without Borders end of financial year, externally audited financial records.
Organizational Culture and Teamwork
- Demonstrate an active, dedicated commitment to the Youth Without Borders Mission and Strategic Plan. ·
- Actively seek to understand, represent and support Youth Without Borders’s vision and values and organizational position to all stakeholders, internally and externally. ·
- Actively contribute to a positive workplace culture in accordance with Youth Without Border’s Code of Conduct, Policies & Procedures.
- Participate in National & International Youth Without Borders initiatives, projects and events.
Please limit responseto 2 pages in total
- Any experience in accounting/finance, including any study including tertiary education (current or completed).
- Demonstrated ability to implement and maintain efficient records management systems and in particular risk management
- Ability to produce accurate, timely and informative reports.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate instructions and think laterally to solve problems, coupled with an ability to work both autonomously (self-starter) and as a productive member of the team.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, handling multiple projects. Demonstrated by meeting deadlines.
- Must successfully undertake relevant police/working with children checks, or be willing to upon request