- Location: Carlton VIC
- Category: Environment & Conservation
- Skilled Volunteers
Regular - less than 6 months
The timeline for this project is from December 2018 to 31/5/19. The volunteer will help prepare for the phonebank from 2pm until 5:30pm, when they will then assist in facilitating the phonebank, which will run till approx 8:30pm. The volunteer will need to attend regular shifts.
Induction and supervision provided. Information about ACF volunteer terms and the induction process are available separately from our website and the relevant supervisor.
- Induction session
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Australian Conservation Foundation (ACF).
Our Outreach Team is responsible for organising, recruiting for, and running Australian Conservation Foundation (ACF) community phone calling parties at the ACF. At these call parties, the outreach team will recruit a larger pool of volunteers to take campaign action with ACF, as well as establish and deepen personal connections with new and old ACF supporters.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Recruiting and participating in volunteer phone calling teams
- Facilitating training sessions with other volunteers such as: how to have effective conversations, how to make an effective ask, and how to run an effective phonebanking session
- Managing and overseeing the administration of data according to ACF’s privacy policies
- Motivating and inspiring other volunteers and team members
- Facilitating team building and group cohesion
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as taking on leadership when needed
- Excellent communication skills and phone manner
- Strong organisational skills
- Approachable and friendly nature
- Public speaking and facilitation skills
- Strong passion for the environment and a commitment to the values and mission of ACF
If you want the chance to work in a leading environmental and conservation NGO this is a great chance to gain valuable experience in a community organising role.