- Location: Sefton Park SA
- Category: Young People
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Retail & Sales
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Regular - more than 6 months
9am to 5pm Monday to Saturday and 11am to 5pm Sunday (Days to be discussed at interview)
On the Job training provided
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
You will be:
Punctual, reliable and honest.
Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
Have a good knowledge of basic arithmetic and/or basic cash handling skills.
Be will to work as part of a team.
You willingness to learn and to have a positive attitude is more important than any previous experience you may have. At Save the Children, we will provide all the training required.
- Give permission for Save the Children to undertake a National Police Record Check and provide 100 points of identification.
- Read and accept the Save the Children Child Safeguarding Code of Conduct and Policy.
- Undertake essential training including and Induction and Orientation.
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We love to welcome new volunteers to join our team! Our store environment is friendly and warm and our volunteers come from a diverse background, creating a wonderful experience where we all work together as a team and support each other as well as our customers. We encourage our volunteers to have fun which creates a fabulous atmosphere to work and shop in! WE ARE CENTRELINK APPROVED.
There is so much for you to get stuck into when you are volunteering in our shops. From sorting donations in the back room, hanging & steaming clothing and pricing donations ready for the shop floor. We all share the housekeeping duties to keep the store tidy & organised so that our displays are easy to browse.
You will also be welcoming customers into the store and showcasing your customer service skills and we will show you how to use the cash register and eftpos machine, if you don't know how.