- Location: Townsville QLD
- Category: Disability Services
Type of work
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
Regular - more than 6 months
We used to be known as the Cerebral Palsy League, but now we’re CPL which stands for Choice, Passion and Life. We tailor our support services in homes, schools and communities to each client’s goals so they can live the life they choose with passion.
Do you do a lot of DIY at home? If yes, then get your paintbrushes ready, we’ve got a volunteer role for you! CPL’s Townsville Service is looking for an experienced and friendly creative arts and crafts volunteer to support the clients with to create art in various mediums. Put all your saved crafts on Pinterest to good use and get inspired with some amazing artists!
As the Art and Craft volunteer you will be:
- Supporting clients to create artworks in various mediums
- Encouraging clients be creative, participate in and enjoy artistic programmes
- Setting out and tidying away art materials
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their skills in art
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
**This volunteer role will on be on a week day between 9:00 to 14:00 after the new year. **
The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL. You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.