- Location: Townsville QLD
- Category: Disability Services
Type of work
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
Regular - less than 6 months
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We used to be known as the Cerebral Palsy League, but now we’re CPL which stands for Choice, Passion and Life. We tailor our support services in homes, schools and communities to each client’s goals so they can live the life they choose with passion.
Are you a friendly and sociable person, with experience in photography, who can support people with disabilities to participate in their hobbies and interests?
CPL’s Townsville service are looking for a volunteer who can commit 2-3 hours of their time per week to share their passion and expertise in photography with equally passionate service users. You will encourage and mentor people with a disability to pursue their artistic interest in photography.
**As the volunteer photography mentor you will be:· **
- Demonstrating and mentoring clients in the various aspects of photography
- Demonstrating different camera techniques (utilising cameras available at the centre) ·
- Assisting clients to produce photographs·
- Sharing your talent and expertise with staff to allow for ongoing projects
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their hobby/interests
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients·
- Carrying out other reasonable tasks to contribute to the programme
**You will not be responsible for: **
Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role will be on a week day for 2-3 hours.
The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL. You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.