- Location: Richmond VIC
- Category: Migrant Services
Type of work
- Driving & Transportation
- Food Preparation & Service
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
Regular - more than 6 months
Every Monday until at least July 2019
- Driver's Licence (C)
- Heavy Lifting
- Working with Children Check *
This role is best suited to someone who is...
- proactive and organised;
- physically fit (as some heavy lifting will be required); and
- thrives working in a busy kitchen
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Help with sourcing supplies for food production and managing deliveries
- Assist the Food Production Coordinator with supervising the work in the kitchen with special focus on Food Safety
- Food production work, including some heavy lifting
- Assist with and monitor the labeling of products
- Transporting products to the SisterWorks shop
- Participate in food tasting to help sell our products at retailers, supermarkets and markets
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Knowledge of Food Safety plus current Food Handling Certificate desirable
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of SisterWorks Inc.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and the ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Current Working with Children Check and/or Police Check (if you do not have one, you can apply for one free of cost)
- Food handling experience, preferably in a commercial setting
- Current driver’s license and access to a car
- Availability every Monday until July 2019
What you will get: The opportunity to work with women with migrant, asylum seeker and refugee backgrounds, as well as a dedicated team of staff and volunteers. SisterWorks is a close knit community where you can support new Australian women, make connections and friendships and gain work experience.
REQUIRED: To apply, please submit your CV along with a cover letter outlining your experience and availability to volunteer.