- Location: Across: Victoria VIC, New South Wales NSW, Queensland QLD, Tasmania TAS, Western Australia WA, South Australia SA, Northern Territory NT
- Category: Health
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
Regular - more than 6 months
The expected 3 hours of volunteering each week can mostly be flexible around your preferred days and times with infrequent requirements to attend community engagement events.
What We’re Looking For Positively Transforming World (PTW) are looking for marketing and communications professionals to join our marketing team and support the branding, messaging, promotion, storytelling and stakeholder and public engagement with PTW.
About Us PTW is a 100% skill-based volunteer-run-and-operated organization providing international aid through Health and Education. Our mission is to empower the world with quality health and education. All staff, and therefore all volunteers provide at least 3 hours of service weekly to PTW in their respective role and volunteer from their own hometown. All positions within PTW are volunteer roles. Find out more at our website.
Role Type This role will involve a significant amount of digital marketing with the potential for public-facing engagement. The expected 3 hours of volunteering each week can mostly be flexible around your preferred days and times with infrequent requirements to attend community engagement events. This department requires volunteers from a wide range of skillsets and experiences from around the world. Depending on your skillsets and experience, this role can be an entry-level position or a management, leadership or consultancy position.
The Opportunity The Marketing team is responsible for marketing drive within PTW. This includes:
- Working with the HR Department and Arts Department to drive marketing content and communications of PTW
- Work with the HR Department to communicate, engage and strengthen public relations
- Manage, monitor and build audience following and engagement on our digital marketing platforms and email subscriptions
- Monitor and ensure consistent use of PTW brand guidelines throughout all departments and for all modes of communication
- Drive market research and stakeholder engagement to optimise targeted campaigns and improve results and effectiveness of operations and objectives
- Analyse and report on trends, results, market competition and outcomes of PTW
- Assist in developing strategic marketing frameworks that strengthens and increases volunteering interest, donor interest and sponsorship or partnership interest
- Work closely with operational stakeholders to ensure effective front-line engagement on upcoming marketing plans, campaigns and events that align with PTW policies and ethics
Who This Role Is Suited For This role is suited but not limited to professionals and students with experience in any marketing, social media, public relations, sales and promotions role; or experienced community engagement professionals with experience working in the business of health, education, volunteering or non-profit sectors.
About You You love inspiring and motivating people to improve themselves and the world around them. You thrive of working with others and can lead and support others towards a single vision.
You are passionate, energetic and love getting others involved in what you do, and always looking for the opportunity to give back through your skills and experience. You are savvy with digital communication platforms and enjoy working within a diverse team. You have a keen eye for research and analytics and what is happening in the world around us, You are proactive in seeing objectives completed to a high standard. You are detail-orientated, organized and able to juggle priorities and manage your time efficiently to meeting quick deadlines.
You uphold your responsibilities and the values of the organization whilst supporting your team to ensure the best outcomes for everyone. You welcome feedback and always seek to improve your abilities. You thrive with difficult challenges and are driven to self-directed learning and researching to pioneer and bring a greater level of success and excellence into all your work.
What You Can Look Forward To If You Join Aside from the general benefits of volunteering, this opportunity will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Work with other professionals across the globe
- Volunteer within a flexible role that only requires 3 hours per week commitment
- Develop your skills and knowledge in a supportive and driven team
- Provide the opportunity to be creative and develop your own professional abilities
- Know that your efforts are having an impact on global development
If you would like to apply for a volunteer role within the Marketing Team, fill the application via our website.