- Location: Across: Victoria VIC, New South Wales NSW, Tasmania TAS, South Australia SA, Northern Territory NT, Western Australia WA
- Category: Mentoring & Advocacy
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
Regular - more than 6 months
3 hours per week. Flexible arrangements to allow 3 hours per week to be completed when it suits the volunteer
PTW is a 100% skill-based volunteer-run-and-operated organization providing international aid through Health and Education. Our mission is to empower the world with quality health and education. All staff, and therefore all volunteers provide at least 3 hours of service to PTW in their respective role and volunteer from their own hometown. All positions within PTW are volunteer roles. Find out more at our website.
Role Type This role can be completed entirely online with potential opportunities to participate in public-facing roles. The expected 3 hours of volunteering each week can be flexible around your preferred days and times. This department requires volunteers from a wide range of skillsets and professional and academic backgrounds from around the world.
The Opportunity Publication volunteers are responsible for the development of editorial and educational content within PTW. This includes:
- Creating high-level and in-depth editorials and articles for PTW’s media platforms including magazines, blog, infographics and educational resources
- Inspire and motivate a global audience to learn, understand and embrace a changing global society
- Teach a global readership including children from PTW grassroots projects on topics from your area of academics and professional practice
- Reviewing, editing, proof-reading and fact-checking high-level and in-depth content produced by experts, experienced professionals and academics from around the world
Who This Role Is Suited For This role is suited but not limited to professionals and students with experience in journalism, news reporting, primary-to-tertiary teaching and scientific health research; individuals with professional or academic expertise in fields including: health and health specialities, human rights and justice, humanities and sociology, environmental science, wildlife and animal welfare, commerce, business, law, analytics, arts, science, history, geography and more.
About You You love learning, researching and sharing your knowledge with the world around you. You have a passion for what you do and are both realistic and optimistic about the potentials of the future of the world.
You are a hardworking, creative individual who is very open-minded and willing to consider other views and perspectives whilst being rationale and fair in your views of the world around us. You are naturally compassionate and considerate of others and looking for the opportunity to give back through your skills and experience. You are savvy with digital communication platforms and enjoy working within a diverse team. You are equally comfortable working independently and are proactive in seeing objectives completed to a high standard. You are extremely good with communicating, being organized and able to juggle priorities and manage your time efficiently to meeting quick deadlines.
You uphold your responsibilities whilst supporting your team to ensure the best outcomes for everyone. You welcome feedback and always seek to improve your abilities. You thrive with difficult challenges and are driven to self-directed learning and researching to bring a deeper level of integrity, accuracy and reliability to your work.
What You Can Look Forward To If You Join
- Aside from the general benefits of volunteering, this opportunity will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Work with other professionals across the globe
- Volunteer within a flexible role that only requires 3 hours per week commitment
- Develop your skills and knowledge in a supportive and driven team
- Provide the opportunity to be creative and develop your own professional abilities
- Know that your efforts are having an impact on global development
If you would like to apply for a volunteer role within the Publications Team, fill the application via our website.