- Location: Melbourne VIC
- Category: Young People
Type of work
- Governance, Boards, & Committees
Regular - more than 6 months
Regular attendance and active participation in meetings as decided by the YAG (weekly/fortnightly).
Successful applicants will be provided with ongoing training and support. There will be a group induction. There will also be the opportunity to network with – and learn from – other emerging and established leaders in Melbourne.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Melbourne City Mission - Youth Action Group (YAG).
Are you aged between 18-24 and live, study, work or visit the City of Melbourne? If you are interested in having a say in issues affecting young people don't miss the opportunity to apply to be a member of our Youth Action Group.
About the role: The YAG will work collaboratively with other young people over the course of one year to create and deliver two social change campaigns annually that address social inclusion, civic and economic participation and other important issues affecting young people in Melbourne. YAG’s social change campaigns will be 100% decided on by the group members. The campaigns will seek to benefit other young people and the wider community by raising awareness and educating the community on issues that affect young people. The social campaigns will challenge stereotypes, reduce stigma and create positive and lasting social change aimed at improving the wellbeing of all young people.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Regularly attend, and actively participate in, meetings as decided by the YAG (weekly/fortnightly)
- Contribute to the development and promotion of campaigns, projects, strategies, and events that relate to the YAG’s work
- Collaboratively design and deliver two projects a year
- Willingness to stretch yourself and work cooperatively with a wide range of people
- Be respectful, open, and honest at all times
Skills and Experience:
- Write a short paragraph introducing who are you and the qualities and experiences that make you stand out.
- Can you please describe your connection to the City of Melbourne - i.e. do you live, study or work in the city or spend leisure/social time in the city?"
- What interests you in becoming a member of the YAG?
- Do you have experience working in similar groups? If yes, can you provide more details?
- What skills do you hope to develop through your involvement in YAG?
- What current issues effecting young people are you passionate about?
- Is there anything that would affect your ability to commit to YAG throughout the year? (It’s ok if there is. It’s just so we know!)
- Melbourne City Mission encourages young people with a lived experience to apply for this position.
Note: Applications close at 5pm on 25 January 2019. Applications should include a current CV and address the key selection criteria.