- Location: Brighton VIC
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Type of work
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Driving & Transportation
- Music & Entertainment
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
A critical success factor for this residential aged care facility in Brighton in relation to the delivery of compassionate care is their extensive team of Volunteers. Without the support and assistance of Volunteers there are some lifestyle programs that just could not conducted.
Volunteers participate in the following activities:
• driving the community bus for excursions and shopping trips
• manning the gift shop
• sharing their specialised skills by conducting arts and craft groups for residents
• involvement in providing musical entertainment for residents
• spending one-on-one time with residents playing cards and chatting
So if you have time, passion and want to give back to the community we welcome you. You'll have the opportunity to work with residents and have a real impact on their lives, providing a sense of satisfaction for residents, and yourself.
Out of hours volunteer opportunities are available at weekends and in the evening. Roles are available for secondary students and students under 15. The roles are Centrelink approved for eligible participants. Volunteers with a disability or with limited English are welcome to apply.