About this opportunity
REPORTING TO: Store Manager
LOCATIONS: 109 Brunswick Rd, Brunswick VIC 3056
HOURS: Mon, Tue, Thur, Sat and Sun
Better known as the Brotherhood of St Laurence’s op shops, our community stores sell donated furniture, clothing and other household items. Our stores in Brunswick also stock white goods. As well as selling low-cost goods to families and bargain hunters, they also offer a place for community connection.
The Retail Stores Group is part of the Social Enterprises Division of the Brotherhood of St Laurence, which works to provide revenue for the invaluable client services, advocacy and research work undertaken by the Brotherhood of St Laurence. Our social enterprises also encourage and promote environmental sustainability through recycling.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic and committed volunteers to provide a high-quality customer service experience to the public and to support paid and volunteer staff in the day-to-day operations of the store.
* Welcoming customers into the shop, and assisting with any specific needs
* Cleaning, merchandising/stock presentation, all round customer service
* Ensuring all areas are clean including selling area, sorting area, delivery area, bathroom, kitchen and footpath
* High-level customer service
* Cooperating with colleagues to enhance the team effort.
* High-quality people skills, communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
* Sensitivity to the needs of people from various economic, social and cultural backgrounds
* Interest in retail and recycled goods preferred
* Enthusiasm, reliability, an interest in and commitment to the objectives of the store and the Brotherhood of St Laurence
* Understanding of and sympathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
* Commit to regular weekly or fortnightly shifts for a minimum of 3 months
* Willingness to undergo a Police Check.
Time commitment can be as little as half a day a week, with full training provided in a friendly and supportive environment. This is a great developmental opportunity if you are looking for a career in retail.
To apply, click on 'Express Interest' button.
National Police Certificate *.
Mon, Tue, Thur, Sat and SunGood for
- Skilled Volunteer
- Travelling/short term volunteers
- Volunteers with a disability
- Volunteers with limited English
- Work Experience
- Youth/school volunteers (age 14-18)
- Retail and Sales
Full incudtion and training provided in a friendly and supportive environment.