- Location: Hobart TAS
- Category: Young People
Type of work
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Tutoring & Coaching
Regular - more than 6 months
Induction including Safeguarding Children training
- Medical Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
- 'Working with vulnerable peoples' card
- Police Check
- To fill out a Taz Kids application requiring 2 x referee
- Safeguarding Children training & a Medical during the induction process
The incumbent will possess demonstrable competency, knowledge, understanding and/or skills in the following areas:
-Willingness to work with children and young people, with particular awareness to sensitively working with families affected by mental illness
-Willingness to take direction from the team leader to provide of support using a strengths based approach that is non-judgmental, non-authoritarian and non discriminatory
-Good communications skills including the ability to negotiate, mediate and resolve conflict
-Ability to use initiative and operate effectively in group settings, camps and in particular emergency situations/crisis.
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the level of coverage for volunteers due to various restrictions to ensure they are covered for the roles they will be undertaking.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Camps, clubs, family days and parent support for children who have a parent or guardian impacted by mental health issues.
- Primary duties (compulsory) involve the supervision of children on overnight camps in school holidays.
- Secondary duties (optional) involve support at family days, in school clubs or/and admin assistance.
Tasks can include:
- Provide support and supervision during activities.
- Provide support with tasks as related to camp/ club itineraries (this may include during meal times, activities, transport, cleaning, bed times)
- Participate in pre and post camp briefings along with any program improvement opportunities
- Attend and participate in induction and training, along with the incorporation of safeguarding children standards
- Provision of emotional support and mentoring young people in a positive manner, with the ability to refer any difficult situations to camp/club leader
Engage young people during activities and provide assistance to team, staff and volunteers as required
Maintain a safe working environment and adopt safe work practices by adhering to Occupational Health and Safety policy and procedures and by working in a responsible manner to ensure the safety of oneself, other staff members, clients and visitors to Anglicare.