About this opportunity
*To be eligible to become a NurtureGroup Coordinator, your baby must have been an inpatient in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) or Special Care Nursery (SCN) and be available Friday fortnightly between 9.30am – 12.30pm. These times include half an hour either side for set up and pack down.
Miracle Babies Foundation is Australia's leading organisation that supports premature and sick newborns, their families and the hospitals that care for them.
Our NurtureGroup sessions are free play and support groups for families who have experienced the birth of a premature or sick newborn.
We are seeking motivated individuals who would like to make a difference and commit to coordinating our amazing NurtureGroup fortnightly (except during the school holidays). Our Willeton NurtureGroup is held Friday’s at Bullcreek Church of Christ, Willeton.
As a NurtureGroup Coordinator, you are responsible for coordinating the preparation and execution of the NurtureGroup sessions.
The Program is run for NICU families to attend between 10.00am – 12.00pm. Parents, family and friends can ask you questions, whilst you provide them the opportunity to share their thoughts, feelings’ and journey with you, knowing that you have also experienced a premature or sick newborn.
Your duties may also include:
• Reporting to the NurtureGroup Manager located in our Sydney Head Office
• Setting up, coordinating and packing down of NurtureGroup activities within the session
• Providing further information of the Foundation’s programs, operations and services to members of the NurtureGroup
• The first point of contact for any queries or comments from NurtureGroup volunteers and parents
• Liaise and invite Allied Health Professions to attend
• Contribute to an effective volunteer team including running team meetings where necessary
• Maintain accurate records and regularly return them to the NurtureGroup Manager
Please only apply, if you have experienced your baby in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Special Care Nursery (SCN), are able to commit fortnightly to support families, you are a people person, empathetic, and love making a difference.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Experienced the birth of premature or sick newborn in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit or Special Care Nursery
Fridays fortnightly for 3 hoursGood for
- Skilled Volunteer
- Companionship and Social Support
- Counselling and Help Line
- Fundraising and Events
one-one training InductionReimbursement