- Location: Hobart TAS
- Category: Arts & Culture
Type of work
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
Regular - more than 6 months
Negotiated days across 38 days between October and April for 3-4hrs per day
Training in local tourism product knowledge
- National Police Certificate *
• Be 18 years of age or over – this is a requirement of Hobart Airport.
• Love interacting with people and have great customer service and communication skills.
• Love Tasmania as much as we do and be able to share your knowledge and passion.
• Be physically able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
• Be able to keep up to date with briefings, product knowledge and any information provided by the TTIC or Hobart Airport that will help visitors.
• Look after your own and other volunteer’s welfare to stay safe and enjoy life.
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the level of coverage for volunteers due to various restrictions to ensure they are covered for the roles they will be undertaking.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Uniform, free parking and try to cover all travel costs.
Do you love Tasmania as much as we do?
It’s an exciting time to be part of Tasmania’s tourism boom and the City of Hobart is on the lookout for passionate volunteers. Our volunteers provide a friendly and helpful welcome at the Macquarie Wharf No. 2 cruise terminal during cruise season as well as at Hobart Airport, Australia’s fastest growing airports with more than 2.4 million passengers annually. As a team we help visitors to Tasmania create lifetime memories by giving them great advice tailored to their interests and budget.
City of Hobart Meet and Greet Volunteers are supported through the Tasmanian Travel and Information Centre with regular information sessions, uniform, free parking and plenty of expert knowledge about Tasmania.
Volunteers provide invaluable local information about Hobart and its surrounding areas and help visitors find out about the best things to see and do. If you love helping people and have a good knowledge of the state, you can find out more about these volunteering opportunities by calling Emily Hopwood on 6238 4299.
The City of Hobart visitor volunteer program began in 2009. In the years since, the City’s committed volunteers have helped hundreds of thousands of visitors through a warm welcome and friendly assistance.