- Location: Kogarah NSW
- Category: Health
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
Regular - more than 6 months
2-6 hours per week, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri 2.30-4.30pm or Wed 10am-2pm
Initial training programme - one day (Wed) per week for 4 weeks. Various roles within the hospital are available until the next training session.
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This volunteer role involves greeting visitors to the hospital (Palliative Care and Rehab Unit) and assisting new patients settling in. This involves helping them unpack, making them a 'cuppa', explaining procedures e.g. how to connect phone and TV. There may also be some administration duties.
-Good customer service and communication skills essential, along with a warm and sensitive personality.
-Reliability is essential as is flexibility.
- Must be able to use your initiative, and have good attention to detail when doing administrative role.
Criminal Record checks and compulsory for all volunteers.
- Volunteers will work with a great team.
- Meet new friends and feel valued as a volunteer.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.