About this opportunity
Vinnies shops are a well-established and much-loved part of the Aussie retail landscape. Aside from being op-shop mecca for fans of all things quality and thrift, the shops often act as a first point of contact for people seeking emergency assistance such as food and clothing; thereby playing a central role to the operations of the Society.
The Old Bar shop currently need additional volunteers to support the existing team.
The Shop Assistant’s duties will include the following:
• Providing customer service to ensure excellent shopping experience.
• Stock merchandising.
• Processing “new” stock and applying pricing.
• Keeping the store tidy & maintaining safe work practices.
To be successful in this role, volunteers will need to have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• Healthy appreciation of volunteering and willingness to work within the ethos of the St Vincent de Paul Society, a lay Catholic organisation.
• Previous experience or interest in retail, particularly in visual merchandising.
• The ability to work in a team and achieve objectives.
• Good time management, presentation and efficiency.
• Good organisational skills.
• Task orientated.
• Creativity and lots of wonderful retail ideas.
Volunteers need to be available to commit to either a full day or a four hour block, morning or afternoon once a week for this position.
Successful volunteers will receive in-house training specific to the role. This training will include:
• Society orientation.
• Retail orientation.
• Ongoing support and mentoring from the shop manager.
The Shop and Area manager will provide relevant training as stated above in addition to ongoing support & mentoring.
• This role is subject to a satisfactory National Police Check
• Volunteers must be able to sign a Good Character Declaration Form
• Provide 2 referees.
The successful volunteers will benefit in a range of ways including:
• Retail experience that will enhance future career prospects.
• Working for an organisation that makes a real difference for people in need.
• Interacting with like-minded individuals, building friendships and a community while volunteering.
We ideally need volunteers that can start as soon as possible, although start dates can be negotiated with the Shop Manager.
Volunteer’s availability can be discussed with the Shop Manager. This role will ideally suit someone who can commit to volunteer for at least 3 - 6 months, one day a week.
We believe Vinnies Old Bar is a great place to work as well as shop. Vinnies shops enjoy strong community support and we believe we can maintain that only if our new team is committed, motivated and enthusiastic about volunteering, and customer service.
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you!
Please note, it is a prerequisite for volunteers to be at least 16 years of age or enrolled in year 10 to volunteer with our Vinnies shops.
National Police Certificate *.
- Retail & Sales