About this opportunity
Special Olympics Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that provides regular sports training, competition opportunities and development programs for people with an intellectual disability across Australia.
We are currently seeking an assistant athletics coach who can provide assistance and support in the ongoing development of the program for intellectually disabled athletes.
Special Olympics Australia has a proud history of creating opportunities for athletes to merge passion and ability in regular sport participation. The athletic coach will be responsible for running and developing the athletics program.
The ideal candidate will have strong relationship management skills and ability to motivate athletes with intellectual disability.
Competencies / Skills required:
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to be flexible and to improvise when needed
• Ability to inspire and motivate others to believe in the Special Olympics Mission
• Ability to work within set boundaries
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Understanding of relevant WH&S requirements
• Good time management skills
Experience / Education Required:
• Level 1 Community Athletics Coach accreditation
• Has experience as a competitor and/or coach in Athletics
• Previous coaching experience
• Experience working within a disability setting
• Knowledge of Special Olympics Australia and programs
Time Availability: Saturday afternoons (approx. 1 -2 hours per week ongoing)
Location: Deception Bay
Special Olympics Australia is a child safe organization and conducts relevant checks as part of a volunteer screening.
Working with Children Check *.
- Sport and Physical Activities