- Location: Brigadoon WA
- Category: Disability Services
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Working with Animals
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Groups of 10 or more
- People Learning English
- Wheelchair Access
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Regular - more than 6 months
Aproximately 5 hours on the day they can come
An induction training program and on-the-job training provided
- National Police Certificate *
Must be interested working with horses and people with disabilities.
You do not need experience working with horses, however, this would be an advantage.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Tea/coffee and microwave available
The role of Horse Volunteers is to assist the centre coach with the care, welfare and preparation of our horses and ponies on days when RDA sessions are held.
No previous experience with horses is necessary. Volunteer positions available are:
- to work with the horse during RDA sessions under the direction of the centre coach.
- to work with and assist the client during RDA sessions under the direction of the centre coach.
- to assist the coaches to set up various activities and tasks prior to and during RDA sessions in the arena.
- Lead horses or assist riders in sessions.
- Help with the care and grooming of horses.
- Help with the training of horses for our programs.
- Help with stable management and cleaning tack.
An induction training program and on-the-job training provided.