- Location: Chermside QLD
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Food Preparation & Service
- Fundraising & Events
- Retail & Sales
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Groups of 10 or more
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
One off - an event
various/ ad hoc
Local orientation and hands on training will be provided.
- The ability to interact in a team.
- The ability to use initiative and work with limited supervision.
- The ability to interact positively with clients, staff and the general public.
- The ability to understand and respect confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work within the guidelines of Wesley Mission.
- A willingness to acquire (if required) the relevant probity checks to the position. All probity checks are arranged by and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland.
Become a Wesley Mission Queensland Events Volunteer!
Playing an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team, our Event Volunteers work alongside paid staff, providing complementary assistance at organised events, campaigns and appeals within the organisation and in the community.
People with events coordination experience are most welcome to apply, however, you don't have to be a qualified or have experience to be part of our team – enthusiasm, cheerfulness, patience, and understanding are just as important. In return, we would like to offer you a rewarding and enjoyable opportunity to meet people, make a difference and even learn some new skills!
Our Event Volunteers may undertake a variety of tasks including decorating a venue, face painting, providing information to the public, meeting and greeting guests, selling merchandise and raffle tickets, collecting donations, administration, setting up and manning art gallery showing, cooking barbecues and assisting at golf days, auctions, luncheons, parties … the opportunities are never-ending!
How it works: You will receive an email from Wesley Mission Queensland which will include details of any upcoming opportunities where we need your assistance. If you can help out, you just reply to the email to confirm your shift!
If you are interested in helping out, please contact us through this site with your details and we will forward you an "expression of interest" registration form which must be completed and returned with your resume before you can be considered for the position.
We look forward to hearing from you!