- Location: Earlwood NSW
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Education & Training
Regular - more than 6 months
12:30 - 4:00pm on a Wednesday.
- Induction training will be provided - Some training organised by CECAL will be available for the volunteers
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This Art Group was established in the early 90's to provide a forum for people to come together to express themselves through art. The group provides an opportunity for people of all skill levels to join others in a friendly and supportive environment to work in their chosen mediums be that watercolours, oils, acrylics, ink etc.
The group requires an instructor / teacher to assist members to develop their skills.
The role requires:
- knowledge of and the ability to instruct people in a number of artistic mediums especially watercolour, acrylic and oil painting and sketching
- willingness and ability to work with people of all skill levels and abilities
- willingness to have own art works viewed by other participants
- good communication skills and a friendly outlook
- the ability to facilitate a group and manage group dynamics
- This is an opportunity for a volunteer to continue with personal artistic growth through active participation.
- The volunteer will help develop the artistic skills and love of art of a diverse community.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.
Is this your first time volunteering or your first time volunteering in Australia? Attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and discover what is volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Please visit The Centre for Volunteering website to book online.