- Location: Melbourne VIC
- Category: Education & Training
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards, & Committees
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience & Internships
Ad hoc, plenty of notice given, Approximately 4 hours per month. Various events attended by Fishcare will fall on weekends and weekdays but again plenty of notice is given and there is no pressure to attend if you have other engagements.
- Working with Children's Check a necessity (can be obtained after accepting volunteer role). - First Aid training available - In house Fishcare training supplied along with a wealth of fishing knowledge from members
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Fuel, Passport photo's for Working with Children's Check, Meals (When working away from home).
Fishcare Melbourne Inc. are a small community group based out of Williamstown that run educational workshops with primary schools, disability groups and multicultural communities. The workshops aim to give participants an understanding of what it takes to be a responsible, safe and sustainable angler and an appreciation of our wonderful aquatic environments.
The Fishcare Melbourne group are looking for new members to join the group to assist with community events and the ongoing schools program.
Fishcare workshops consist of staff and volunteers delivering presentations and running activities with participants to build an appreciation and a desire to protect our aquatic environments. They conclude with a fishing excursion to a safe fishing location such as a Jetty or Pier where participants are given the opportunity to catch a fish.
The workshops are arranged with a variety of schools and groups with volunteers given 3 to 4 weeks notice of an event so that they have ample time to arrange whether they will be available or not.
Volunteers are fully covered with our Voluntary Workers Insurance.
Fuel and meals (when required) are fully reimbursed while on Fishcare duty and all equipment and uniforms are supplied.