- Location: Adelaide SA
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Translating & Interpreting
Fortnightly [usually 2 hours with travel]
First Aid; Manual Handling; Food Safety;
- National Police Certificate *
~ Friendly, polite and respectful or clients
~ Willing to undergo a National Police Check (at no cost to the volunteer)
~ Excellent Greek speaking ability
~ Reliable and honest
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Greek Orthodox Community of South Australia Incorporated (GOCSA) is an established multi-purpose centrally located organisation, a focal point in this state for people of Greek background.
We are seeking volunteers visitors for the following programs:
1. Home Visitors - visiting clients in their home or taking them out for a coffee.
2. Community Visiting Scheme at Nursing homes – Visiting isolated Greek Residents in nursing homes in the metropolitan area.
Isolation and loneliness can be an issue for many elderly people, whether living at home or in a nursing home. Through visiting, you can help alleviate levels of loneliness and improve general health through providing an opportunity for social interaction and communication.