- Location: Trentham VIC
- Category: Other
Type of work
- Education & Training
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Retail & Sales
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
- Writing & Editing
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
Regular - more than 6 months
Shifts available: Sundays 10am-1pm & 1pm-4pm. 3 hours per month - minimum commitment.
Onsite induction and training shifts with your training buddy.
Ability to work independantly.
Willingness to learn about the area
Excellent customer service skills
Join a dedicated and knowledgeable team of volunteers. You will greet visitors to the area, provide information and directions both verbally and written and maintain a high level of customer service at all times. The role of the Visitor Information Centre is to promote the regions activities, attractions and accommodation and ensure visitors have the informatin they require to enjoy their stay.
We would also like to know about the skills, experience and interests you have so that we can make sure that volunteering at the VIC is an enjoyable experience for you. Sharing your knowledge and skills is a terrific way to help make our region a great place for people to live and visit.
The objective of this role is:
- To represent the Hepburn Shire Council to promote local and regional tourism opportunities and its attributes in a positive manner.
- To provide excellence in customer service to residents and visitors to the Hepburn Shire region.
- Issuing appropriate local and regional visitor information in a professional, accurate and friendly manner to a diverse range of visitors. Volunteers are important in making the Visitor Information Centre a great place for both the local community and visitors to the town. We are looking for people who are wanting to share their passion for the area and would like to be a part of this service. Volunteers assist with the operation of the Centre including the opening and closing procedures, conducting retail sales and providing visitors with information. The key focus is providing excellent customer service to people coming into the VIC. Things that you might do as a volunteer include; welcoming people to the town, giving general information about the attractions, dining, accommodation and activities in the town.