- Location: Adelaide SA
- Category: Recreation
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
One off - an event
Sunday 24 March 2019 - Coast to Coast Saturday and or Sunday - 27/28 April - Dirty Weekend Sunday 3 November - Fleurieu Fondo Sunday 24 November - Gear Up Girl The times for the traffic marshal roles at any of the above events could be from 1 hour up to 3 - 4 hours depending on the specific location.
Traffic marshal training conducted by SAPOL
- Driver's Licence (C)
- Traffic Check *
- Accredited traffic marshal training through SAPOL (provided)
- 18 years of age and over
- Driver's Licence (or ability to travel independently to and from the designated location)
- Able to take direction and arrive on time at designated location
Please note: As each organisation provides levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
May be provided, depending on distance to travel
If you enjoy working outdoors throughout the Adelaide Hills region in support of Bicycle SA's recreational cycling events then join our volunteer team as a Traffic Marshal.
You will be responsible for the safe passage of the recreational cyclists as they ride through your particular location which could be in the Adelaide Hills region or Fleurieu Peninsula.
We are seeking volunteers who are over 18 years of age, have their own transport and prepared to drive to their designated traffic marshal locations anywhere within the Adelaide Hills region, including the Fleurieu Peninsula.
The specific time frame is dependent on the specific traffic marshal location and could be from 1 hour to 3 - 4 hours. The 2019 dates and events are:
- Sunday 24 March - Coast to Coast
- Saturday/Sunday 27 - 28 April - Dirty Weekend
- Sunday 3 November - Fleurieu Fondo
- Sunday 24 November - Gear Up Girl
Accredited training will be provided by SAPOL with the first session being at 5.30 pm on Wednesday 13 March 2019 at Bicycle SA office, 53 Carrington St, CBD.