- Location: Burnie TAS
- Category: Family Services
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Food Preparation & Service
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Regular - more than 6 months
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
1) Current Working With Children Check - can offer a volunteer rate of $17.76 -
valid for 3 years
2) Current National Police Check - can be arranged if necessary. Please note a
conviction or offence does not necessarily disqualify volunteers, please ask
for more information
3) The Salvation Army requires all Volunteers to completed The Salvation
Army Registration Process.
1) Experience of working with children and or vulnerable people
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the level of coverage for volunteers due to various restrictions to ensure they are covered for the roles they will be undertaking.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Set Up/Pack Down of Playroom • Set up and pack down the playgroup in conjunction with the DTP workers • Safety Check of equipment prior to pack down • Assist with cleaning as per roster
Food Preparation • The Playgroup Assistant is responsible for preparing the provided food for the children in playgroup.
Support Parents to Supervise Children . The Playgroup Assistance is responsible for supporting parents in supervising their children when the DTP workers are temporarily out of the room.
Support case worker and leader practitioner . The Playgroup Assistant is responsible for supporting the Social Workers as required during the playgroup.
Provide Social Support to Parents . The Playgroup Assistant is to help create a warm, friendly and inclusive environment, by engaging parents in social interaction. . Adhere to Privacy & Confidentiality guidelines
Team work and cooperation • Works collaboratively with and develops positive relationships with facilitator and other staff • Attend team meetings and supervision sessions • Contributes to the overall day to day operations of the Centre