- Location: Daylesford VIC
- Category: Other
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
- Writing & Editing
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Regular - more than 6 months
Fortnightly Saturday shifts - 9am-1pm or 1pm-5pm.
Four hour one-on-one induction followed by on the job, supervised training tailored to the successful applicant. Monthly visits to local atttractions and venues are part of the training.
Good knowledge of the local area
Customer service skills
Basic computer skills
Willingness to learn
Join a dedicated and knowledgeable team of volunteers. You will greet visitors to the area, provide information and directions both verbally and written and maintain a high level of customer service at all times. The role of the Visitor Information Centre is to promote the regions activities, attractions and accommodation and ensure visitors have the information they require to enjoy their stay.
We would also like to know about the skills, experience and interests you have so that we can make sure that volunteering at the VIC is an enjoyable experience for you. Sharing your knowledge and skills is a terrific way to help make our region a great place for people to live and visit.
The objective of this role is:
- Promote local and regional tourism opportunities and its attributes in a positive manner.
- To provide excellence in customer service to residents and visitors.
- Issuing local and regional visitor information in a professional, accurate and friendly manner to a diverse range of visitors.