- Location: Creswick VIC
- Category: Other
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
- Writing & Editing
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People with disability
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Regular - more than 6 months
Weekdays, Saturdays & Sundays: 10am-1:30pm or 1:30pm-5pm. Minimum 3.5 hours per month
Full training provided. You will be partnered with a volunteer buddy to take you through your training period. Monthly meetings and visits to local veneus and attractions are part of the ongoing traiing program.
Good knowledge of the local area
Customer service skills
Basic computer skills
Join a dedicated and knowledgeable team of volunteers. You will greet visitors to the area, provide information and directions both verbally and written and maintain a high level of customer service at all times. The role of the Visitor Information Centre is to promote the regions activities, attractions and accommodation and ensure visitors have the information they require to enjoy their stay.
We would also like to know about the skills, experience and interests you have so that we can make sure that volunteering at the VIC is an enjoyable experience for you. Sharing your knowledge and skills is a terrific way to help make our region a great place for people to live and visit.
The objective of this role is:
- To represent the Hepburn Shire Council to promote local and regional tourism opportunities and its attributes in a positive manner.
- To provide excellence in customer service to residents and visitors to the Hepburn Shire region.
- Issuing appropriate local and regional visitor information in a professional, accurate and friendly manner to a diverse range of visitors.