- Location: Kingsville VIC
- Category: Other
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Garden Maintenance
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience & Internships
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Monday - Friday (Flexible)
Training will be provided
Volunteers of all ages and abilities are welcome to assist in growing plants and maintaining the community garden and to educate the community on topics such as the environment, sustainable gardening and healthy living.
As a volunteer at Uniting AgeWell, you have the opportunity to make a positive difference in other people’s lives, and in your own. Give your time at Uniting AgeWell and use your life experiences to benefit others, learn new skills, gain work experience, make new friends and have fun.
Uniting AgeWell is a vibrant organisation and a leading provider of quality aged care services in Victoria and Tasmania. Continuing the long history of the Uniting Church in caring for older people, UA is a value based organisation which provides residential and retirement living, and a range of community aged care services
Hours: Monday – Friday (flexible)
Duties may include:
• General maintenance of garden including weeding and planting
• Tasks may include trimming bushes, weeding, raking and sweeping leaves
• Wear appropriate clothing i.e. hat, long sleeve shirt and appropriate closed footwear.
• Ability to bend and kneel comfortably for garden work
• A genuine interest and capacity to relate to elderly clients
• Good listening and interpersonal skills
• Satisfactory National Police Records Check
• Friendly and polite manner
• Reliable and trustworthy
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Uniting AgeWell Volunteer Coordinator Mary Hatzis on (03) 9251 5913.