- Location: Oatley NSW
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards, & Committees
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Tutoring & Coaching
Being able to commit 1-3 hours per week with some preparation before/after meetings.
Training is provided
- Working with Children Check *
Police check is a requirement
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Yes, including First Aid course
Volunteer with Girl Guides
Inspire & Empower
Girl Guides NSW & ACT is looking for women 18 years and over who are interested in Leadership skills working with adult members of Girl Guides.
Team Leaders work with the local adult leadership team to ensure a quality Guiding program is being provided. They oversee the team’s responsible for providing a safe environment for the Unit meetings; and maintaining the financial stability of the group.
Training is provided for Girl Guide Adult Leadership Qualification which includes participation in a webinar, a weekend course and attainment of a first aid certificate. While training all Interim Team Leaders are paired with a Learning Partner and supported by other local Leaders.
• Learn new skills and develop existing ones
• Be part of a team of like-minded women
• Give your CV a boost by developing management and leadership skills
• Develop lasting friendships with other Leaders
• Take action on issues which affect the lives of women in Australia and overseas
• Make a difference to girls’ lives
• Have lots of fun!
Team Leader’s role includes:
• Prepare for, chair and follow-up District Meetings.
• Build collaborative relationships with members of the Unit/District
• Help and support other adult members
• Foster relationship with parents to stimulate interest in Leadership opportunities
• Meet regularly with the Leaders and build a highly motivated Leadership team, developing and valuing individual’s skills and talents.
• Encourage cooperation between Unit Leadership teams.
• Provide opportunities for adults to develop and use their leadership skills and other talents.
• Maintain appropriate records
• Deal promptly with all correspondence and forms
• Use State database to generate relevant management reports
• Ensure accurate financial records are maintained.
• Manage venue lease / hire agreements for District managed properties in accordance with State Guidelines / Policy.
• Take opportunities to participate in Unit ceremonies
All volunteers must complete a Working with Children Check.