About this opportunity
Our Lead Tenant service is seeking motivated and dynamic live-in carers to act as positive role models, as well as providing a supportive environment for the young people.
In this rewarding volunteer position, as the Lead Tenant you will live rent free within a fully maintained house, while providing nurturing care and support for the young people living within the property. The young people within the program are aged between 16-18 years, and have exhibited a level of maturity and independence qualifying them for this placement.
These rewarding positions are situated across Victoria and would be an excellent opportunity for those working or studying in the welfare or community services sector.
In return MacKillop will provide:
- a fully maintained house including free rent and utilities
- supervision and 24 hour support
- excellent training opportunities – including access to the innovative Sanctuary training.
If you want to make a real difference in a young person's life by supporting and assisting them to gain independence while leading by example and offering guidance, company, encouragement and just being present, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
The responsibilities of the Lead Tenant are:
- Provide a positive role model to young people living in the house,
- Participate in discussions, house meetings and training sessions,
- Assist and encourage young people to develop household routines and manage their day-to-day needs,
- Liaise with support staff, Supervisor and Case Managers on a regular basis,
- Contact On-Call worker in the case of emergency; act in the best interests of resident,
- Maintain confidentiality of young people,
- Ensure our agency policies and procedures are adhered to,
- Adhere to agency policies fire safety procedures.
Successful candidates will have a genuine interest in young people's well-being.
- Ability to assist young people in developing age appropriate independent living skills in a safe and supportive manner, to remain calm and be emotionally available to young people during and after times of crisis. Able to provide a warm 'home like' environment for vulnerable young people.
You will be provided with:
- A rent free, fully maintained house,
- Supervision and 24 hour support is available and training will be provided,
- Regular respite and a support worker to assist with the practical needs of caring for young people.
Please contact the agency for additional information.
24/7 - all details of time requirements will be provided by the agency.Good for
- Skilled Volunteer
- Companionship and Social Support
- Counselling and Help Line
- Tutoring and Mentoring
Excellent training and on-going support provided.Reimbursement