- Location: Tiwi NT
- Category: Health
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Music & Entertainment
Regular - more than 6 months
Available 7 days per week from 10.45am - 2.00pm and would be required on either a weekly or fortnightly roster
Must complete face to face training in hospital environment as well as online onboarding modules
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
To be eligible for this position, applicants must;
- Be aged 18 years or older
- Hold a valid Working with Children Check or being willing and eligible to obtain one prior to commencement
- Complete a phone and face to face interview using Skype or similar program
- Satisfy a National Police Check (Fit2Work)
- Provide professional and personal referees
- Blood works for Tuberculosis
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Our Starlight Express Rooms are a medical free haven for sick kids and their families seeking a welcome break from the relentless cycle of medical treatments and procedures.
Captain Starlights run the room and make mayhem the order of the day. It’ll be your job to support them by engaging kids in a variety of fun activities.
By distracting sick kids and their families from their illness you'll bring precious moments of happiness and joy to their lives.
When you join our Volunteer Team, you’ll join a community of likeminded individuals, dedicated to brightening the lives of seriously ill children and young people
- Meet and greet all visitors to the Starlight Express Room as they arrive, ensuring they feel welcomed
- Sign in all children and young people according to Starlight’s Sign-in Policy
- Under direction from a Captain / Hospital Program Manager, assist to set up/tidy and pack up the room before it opens/at the end of the day
- Engage with visitors to the room with a variety of different activities relevant for the child/young person’s skill and physical ability
- Restocking the art & craft supplies during the day and keeping the area tidy during the day ensuring infection control procedures are adhered to
- Help to design new art activities and create themed decorations to transform the Starlight Express Room based on the weekly/monthly themes