About this opportunity
CMY’s Pathways Program provides a new approach to supporting young people to find and succeed in employment. CMY recognises the need to provide additional support to young people from a refugee or migrant backgrounds looking for their first job or looking to begin their career.
CMY is seeking volunteers to join this program from across a range of professional and hands-on industries. Volunteers will provide mentoring support to young people as they apply for work and undertake work experience or start work.
What are we looking for? We are looking for people who:
- can commit for at least a 12-month period
- can reliably attend catch ups with their mentee and be available on the phone
- have at least 3 years professional work experience and a good understanding about job seeking requirements and employment norms
- are interested in supporting young people from a migrant or refugee background
- can be a positive and engaging role model for young people seeking career development
- possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- have the ability to work autonomously, can be self-reflective and can respond to feedback and directions from CMY staff.
Please refer to Pathways Mentor Position Description on CMY's website for more details or contact us with your questions - – we would love to hear from you!
Service Focus: Mentoring and Advocacy
Requirement Description: Applicants are required to pass a stringent child safety screening including referee checks
Police check is undertaken during recruitment (costs covered by CMY)
Working with Children Check required for all volunteers (free for volunteers)
Driver's Licence (F) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Reference Checks undertaken during recruitment
Police Check undertaken during recruitment (costs covered by CMY)
Working with Children Check required for all schools, undertaken during recruitment and free for volunteers
*12 month commitment Monthly sessions plus ongoing, support - face-to-face and/or phone contactGood for
- Skilled Volunteer
- Tutoring and Mentoring
Workshops and ongoing supportReimbursement