- Location: Mortdale NSW
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
Regular - more than 6 months
When trainer is available – and when suitable for client for practice trip
Basic transport training
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
Basic computer skills and knowledge of internet searches.
Experience in travelling on public transport.
As most of our clients are frail aged or have a disability it is extremely important to have a pleasant, friendly attitude and be patient. Able to explain instructions clearly and, if necessary, willing to repeat the process.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Volunteer Travel Trainers provide support to eligible community members on how to travel safely and access public transport information with confidence. Individuals supported may include seniors, people with disability, people with limited mobility and people who are culturally and linguistically diverse. Our clients come from many backgrounds, so a second language would be an advantage.
This role includes supporting the person with:
• Trip planning and information
• Transport training sessions
• Practise using public transport
• Assistance to develop strategies to use during their trip.